Friday, May 6, 2011

Just Thinking

I thought it quite amusing when a lifelong girlfriend texted me this morning, and asked "What are you doing now"?

Now this friend (Michelle)and I have known eachother since kindergarden. We were best buds all through elementary school, and kept in close contact during highschool and even college, although she was in the midwest at Notre Dame and I was here at UCONN.

We kept in touch when she moved to New York City landing her first job in publishing, and we even stayed in touch when I worked as a designer in Atlanta
and then NYC.

Michelle was there at the time when I opened my day spa almost ten years ago. She would always make a special stop into the spa for service when she came home to visit her family(she has the bushiest eyebrows!)

She was also around when I decided to open a Lilly Pulitzer/Lacoste boutique (she should have stopped me, retail clothing is a headache!)and a Yoga Center. She was also there to talk to when I decided to sell my business and move back to reestablish my family's farm.

So you can see, Michelle and I have witnessed eachothers lives since we were just about five years old...which fast forward leads to today's question. "What are you doing now?"

This question really caught me by surprise, because most of the time we just go about our daily business and dont really think of what we are doing "now".

So I stopped and looked around, and my first instinct was just to lie and makeup something really cool. But then I laughed and thought about it and my response went something like this. " I am digging in the dirt right now, chomping on an icicle radish that I just pulled out of the ground".

And then I realized that this was pretty cool!