Saturday, July 23, 2011

Believe Demo

I rolled back in to the farm last night around 11pm after laying down the demo track of Believe. Listening to it on the way home, I really like how it is progressing - and it needs something - like A Gospel Choir for backup! I am going to give a call up to Lisa, who I think is still the director of the Voices of Freedom Gospel Choir at UCONN - which I sang in while I was in college. If I can find the newspaper clipping of my photo singing in the choir (which you will be able to spot me out right away - I was the only "white girl" in the chorus) It was pretty intimidating at first, but after a couple sessions in, I was singing Hallelujah with them like we were all family. I dont know where the video of our concert is - maybe UCONN archives has a copy I can get - but it is probably one of the most hysterical/embarrassing things you could ever see. During my heartfelt gospel solo, a fire alarm went off. At first the choir couldnt hear it over all of the singing, and then little by little, the crowd started clearing, the auditorium started filing out, the band left, lights were flashing - I had no clue...I was in a zone, singing away, belting out my praise and solo with my eyes closed, not paying attention to anything around me. Finally you hear the firemen over the intercom.."Fire, Fire...leave the building immediately" I heard that, I opened my eyes - and the look on my face is just priceless. Oh I wish I still had that tape!